The Difference between PEX vs. Copper piping
PEX is resistant to breaks in cold weather, flexible and easy for plumbers to install bringing your costs down.
Copper piping has been around for decades, the metal is durable and flexible, making it easy to install.
So the choice between PEX and copper is solely yours, but keep in mind a few of the pros and cons of each system before you decide.
- Can be used with hot or cold water
- Can also be used with metal and PVC piping
- PEX has fewer fittings, making it faster to install and with less of a chance to leak
- PEX is more burst-resistant due to its flexibility to expand and contract
- It cannot be used outside
- Cannot be recycled, due to its shorter life use
- Durable and flexible, making it easy to install
- Weather and bacteria-resistant
- Unaffected by ultraviolet rays, so it can be used outside
- Copper is recyclable, making it a more sound environmental choice
- It has become expensive
- Copper can freeze and break during cold weather